“The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Not bad for a fledgling book review blog, huh?
So here’s what I’m supposed to do:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and mention their blog
- Can’t help but do that since it’s a NICE thing
- Display the award on your blog
- Done (rather pretty don’t you think?)
- Give 10 facts about yourself
- I really do not like doing this, as I’d much rather remain almost anonymous among those who browse my blog (but…if you’ve browsed my pages, you know more than you think you know about me…)
- I am procrastinating right this moment
- I love animals, but I’m partial to cats
- My name comes from a Greek Goddess
- There really is a method to my madness, although very few can understand it
- Shamefully, I’ve only recently read Vonnegut (Why isn’t he included on the “must read list” for school? Never did I read him in high school or in any one of the English courses required for my degree. But neither is Lovecraft, and that simply has to be an oversight)
- I’m such a perfectionist, that even though this is the very first post I’ve typed directly into WordPress, I’ll probably copy and paste it into MSWord anyway to double check for errors
- I am completely embarrassed to come across typos in blog posts weeks after they’ve been posted
- If I am not reading or doing responsible things, I’m playing video games with my son (or while he’s at school…ok, mainly when he’s at school…sorry, kid)
- I really, really hate to cook
- Nominate 5-10 blogs you admire and have under 200 followers (and I’m sharing my nominations so that others will have the opportunity to check them out)
- Post your answers of the questions given to you by the person who nominated you
- What is your happiest childhood memory?
Well, riding horses, of course
- What was the best vacation you ever had?
My honeymoon in San Francisco
- If you could meet anyone before they became famous, and be part of their journey, who would it be?
Edgar Allan Poe
- Do you have any regrets in life?
- If you were president, what would you do?
This is a tricky question, but…I would find a way to reward honesty and integrity in politics that would outweigh whatever they are getting for being not that right now
- Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time?
Um, yes, I want to be published. But I have to get over the crippling fear of failure first.
- If you lost the ability to speak, move, hear and talk, what would be the memory you thought about the most?
Memories….my marriage and my kiddos
- What do you think is the single best decision you’ve made in your life so far?
Marrying my hubby
- If you had to marry a fictional character, either from a film, TV show or book, who would it be?
I’ve married my prince charming, everyone else is just eye candy
- If you had to lie, what job would you say you did?
Mildly successful writer
- Mention the rules in your post
- Ask your nominees 10 questions after tagging them in the post.
- Share a quote that motivates you the most.
- What is your favorite color and why?
- Which book(s) do you reread often?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Why did you choose to start your blog?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- How long have you been friends with your best friend?
- If you could have an afternoon with three famous (living or fictional) people, who would they be?
- Is your workspace extraordinarily messy or absurdly neat?
- If you could travel to one fictional place and visit regularly, where would it be?